2011/11/30

A startup

I realised a few months back that while I claim to be a programmer, I could also be called a serial-entrepreneur. I've founded 4 companies over the years (Educatic, ARTware, Awalé and Quaero). Me being an entrepreneur is kinda ironic, if you know me.

Anyway, the real goal of this post is to get a link to my latest companies brand new website. I'd like to brag about how awesome this website is, but it isn't awesome and prolly never will be. I didn't make it so don't blame me for the flash animation and canned newsroom sound.

But the thing is though, the product we sell really kicks ass. A fully configurable automagic document classification and document archiving intranet application. It can handle volumes of over 1 million documents a year. That's a lot of documents. One thing I realised a while back is that we didn't just write an archiving app, we wrote a tool to build an archiving app with. Which is both great and a pain because each install is so customised I have trouble keeping track.

It is noteworthy that this is the very first time one of my companies has even HAD a website. Which is another irony given that I developed websites for a living for over 10 years.

The URL again, for those that don't know how to the clicky-clicky: http://www.quaero.ca

(Full disclosure: I founded Quaero and yes this is a blatant attempt at seeding the search engines.)

1 comment:

Susan Gwyn said...

But when I click on 'Sautez l'intro', I get 'Erreur 404'!!

Mummy